My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories

My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories - Rainbow Rowell, Holly Black, Myra McEntire, Kiersten White, Stephanie Perkins, Laini Taylor, Gayle Forman, Matt de la Pena, Jenny Han, Ally Carter, Kelly Link, David Levithan Buddy read ^^

♥ Day 1 ♥
Midnights by Rainbow Rowell
★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★

"Dance with me"

Rowell has a tender way of making your heart melt with just a few pages. I've loved her story in Fangirl and I adored this short story. Christmas spirit and love equals to -> a lot of feels! Really really cute :)))
The love between Meg and Noel grows over the years, and we get to testimony it only on New Years eve. We get a first look on the way a very important anniversary of a friendship... becomes so much more!
It's funny how so many emotions can be felt in just a couple of words!

♥ Day 2 ♥
The lady and the Fox by Kelly Link
★★★ 3 stars ★★★

Well it's Christmas so 3 stars... At first I was actually liking this short story, it was weird... and it felt very Grinch style... this man looking from outside while everyone else was inside having fun...
1.So option number one was... Grinch Style.

Not the case...

Then I was trying to find another meaning to what I was reading... something from Esopo's tale... something about having the good things right in front of you and wanting to go against the rules... So you chose the fox over the beautiful young boy waiting inside for you... boy that looks actually like the one outside...
2. Option number two I was thinking about a moral or something like that.

Not the case...

Then there is magic... okay... nothing against magic even though I didn't know that this wasn't a realistic story... but well one can use the Christmas atmosphere to make anything possible.

But still... if there is a moral, I'm sorry but I surely didn't get it. If there is something that my limited mind did not get well... can't help, that's the only one I've got!

I think that the only option accetable is that I just didn't get the story, or that there was nothing to get...

and that's why at the end I was actually like this ---

description

Well it wasn't a really bad read... just didn't get what I was reading. I knew there was a strange family, the Honeywell; this little boy, Daniel, that becomes a handsome boy and has no sense in the story; this strange mother that is in jail, and I don't know why she is there... something about being free and wild?; The mother of Daniel,Elspeth? What is she... who is she? She goes out with a younger man,,, could be Fenny's ...what???? Ice lady in the last scene?. Oh heck don't know.

And then there is Miranda and Fenny. dot dot dot dot... love, strange love, wild love, free love and the miracle of christmas! Thats all I can say.

"Such lovely snow!" Elspeth says. "Too bad it never lasts."

Day 3
Angels in the Snow by Matt de la Pena
★★★★ 4 stars ★★★★

This story is about a young poor boy, Shy, alone and away from his family. Stuck in a city too big to feel alone and too crowded to feel loved. I really liked his POV and the cat ^^ .

A story about "taking chances" and "destiny". A story that makes you feel the strenght of "Christmas spirit"! A coincidence that brings and pushes two lonely young adults in getting to know each other... to the point of sharing an important event and wanting "more".

A really cute story, that made me smile often and also made me sad. I just wanted to bake muffins and more muffins and bring them to Shy! Haley was so adorable that I just liked her right away, same for Shy.

"...A small part of me might also be talking about marrying you."

♥ Day 4 ♥
Polaris is where you'll find me by Jenny Han
★★ 2.5 stars ★★

Well, I guess it's done on purpose... a good story, and a Mehhhh story. This one was actually a mehhhh story even though at the beginning I was actually liking the North Pole life and a teenage "normal" girl crush on an elf. Well the ending was kind of ... what??? You just turn the page and it's over. After a kiss a name... and you just don't know how to consider the whole story and the ending.
Well... it was an okay read, could have been better.

♥ Day 5 ♥
It's a Yuletide Miracle by Charlie Brown
★★★ 3.75 stars ★★★

That you still don't realize I'm willing to do anything, anything" ... "to stay in your company..."

Like I said... these stories are a real teeter tooter. You have a cute story and then a "mehh" story - not so great-, and viceversa...

This story was really cute. I really liked North and Merigold and the whole christmas spirit that they both created. Their bickering was also very cute and it made me smile often. Love, christmas, and kisses ^^

decription

The cleaning up and re-organizing the spaces in order to fit the christmas tree! There is always a small place in our homes and in our hearts to embrace the "right spirit".

♥ Day 6 ♥
Your Temporary Santa by David Levithan
★★ 2.5 stars ★★

Our home within his home. Our world within this world

Not a really bad read at all, but it just didn't get me... It was really okay and I wouldn't dare say it was a bad story but something was surely missing. The whole Santa dressing up story was cute, what wouldn't you do for the ones you love?
And then there is the happiness you feel in seeing the eyes of a child "shine" full of hope and faith that just makes your heart melt.
Could have been a much more adorable story. :o