Magic Bites

Magic Bites -  Ilona Andrews ★ ★ ★ ☆ 3.5 stars

I think that this series might have some potential, even though I didn't really fall in love with this book, it did leave a certain curiosity that will surely push me in reading the next book.

Well the book has an interesting plot, that I admit I didn't understand right away. Many things are not well described and are left alone without further more descriptions. I'm a really touchy person, so when there are a lot of desriptions of anatomical parts I just can't help getting goosebumps. Sometimes when I'm reading about all the blood, the intestine shattered on the floor or parts torn apart I just feel like there is another hand writing or it's just Ilona Andrew's husband influence.

The main female character - Kate Daniels

She didn't really amuse me much, and sometimes she didn't even make me laugh, but she, like the book, has some potential, I think she's going to get much better. There should be more attention on her personality and less on dead bodies. Just kidding. I like a strong heroine with a kick ass personality, a certain charisma, and a strong will of her own capable to stand her ground against everyone else. And she has this cool raven tattoo on her left shoulder, and many secrets are hidden under that ink, and only the next books will reveal them...

description

She's a mercenary that gets to Atlanta after the death of her guardian, and here in this city where we are surrounded by strange creatures, disgusting vampires that actually don't have the gift of beauty (typical of these creatures, that guarantees them the approach of their victims), he have magic running things, horses that run next to cars in dark streets, we have Shapeshifters...

About the Shapeshifters I was a little shocked to read about man-rat, that's kind of disgusting... but then we have wolves and the alpha male lead... THE Beast Lord, Curran. What a Lion! .

I liked him a lot and I would like to read so much more about him, and that is one of the main reasons why I won't stop to this book and I'm actually going to read the next books. I also read a lot of good reviews on the next books, so I'm eager to actually read them, and I wan't to see how their hate/love relationship devolops .

description
And that's just how I imagine the Beast Lord
<3 <3 <3

I really enjoyed this book, it was a light read, and even though it didn't make me laugh it sure did make me smile a lot, and I think the world building is pretty cool but needs to be cleared out more. I really hope this series will get a lot better because I did kind of get attached to the characters. Stay tuned.